In July of 2017, Park City officials announced an ambitious plan: To purchase a 5.25-acre parcel in Bonanza Park and create an arts and culture district. Working in tandem with the City and sharing its vision of a sustainable, walkable, livable, vibrant community, Kimball Art Center will be an anchor tenant in the City’s new district, which is slated to open in 2024.
Kimball Art Center’s governing board has selected the internationally renowned architectural firm, Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG), to design the new Kimball Art Center. Named “One of the 100 Most Influential People in the World” by TIME Magazine in 2016, Bjarke Ingles has a proven capability to design imaginative buildings that become a revered attraction and destination.
Once built, the new Kimball Art Center will ooze creativity, inspiration, and acceptance. It will energize and revitalize the area, act as a community living room, stimulate all who enter, and be a globally recognized landmark.
The new facility will be home to year-round dynamic and interactive programs, classes, and events. Plans include:
- A state-of-the-art digital classroom, emphasizing digital photography, digital arts, and 3D printing
- Maker’s spaces for glass, jewelry, small metals, welding, and woodworking.
- State-of-the-art, climatized gallery allowing for multiple and diverse exhibitions.
- Dedicated space for interactive activities and lessons related to the exhibitions.
- Studios for clay, painting, and mixed media.
- Artist in residence programs.
- Flexible space for musical performances, poetry, storytelling, and other events.
- Café and gift shop
The new Kimball Art Center will continue to serve as the community’s creative hub — a place where all are welcomed and encouraged to connect, explore, celebrate, develop, and nurture creativity.
Naming opportunities, as well as customizable options for donor recognition are available. If you are interested in learning more about Kimball Art Center’s exciting plans for the future, please email email@example.com.