In July of 2017, Park City officials announced an ambitious plan: To purchase a 5.25-acre parcel in Bonanza Park and create an arts and culture district. Working in tandem with the City and sharing its vision of a sustainable, walkable, livable, vibrant community, Kimball Art Center will be an anchor tenant in the City’s new district.
Between June 2020 and March 2022, this project was derailed like so many cultural projects during the pandemic. As of April 2022, this project is in ongoing discussions with Park City Municipal, Sundance Institute, and Kimball Art Center continuing to dialogue about the vision of this cultural hub.
Once built, the new Kimball Art Center will ooze creativity, inspiration, and acceptance. It will energize and revitalize the area, act as a community living room, stimulate all who enter, and be a globally recognized landmark.
The new facility will be home to year-round dynamic and interactive programs, classes, and events. Plans include:
- World class exhibition space for locals and visitors
- Maker’s spaces for glass, jewelry, small metals, welding, and woodworking.
- State-of-the-art, climatized gallery allowing for multiple and diverse exhibitions.
- Dedicated space for interactive activities and lessons related to the exhibitions.
- Studios for clay, painting, and mixed media.
- Artist in residence programs.
- Flexible space for musical performances, poetry, storytelling, and other events.
- Café and gift shop
The new Kimball Art Center will continue to serve as the community’s creative hub — a place where all are welcomed and encouraged to connect, explore, celebrate, develop, and nurture creativity.