Kimball Art Center is committed to the health, safety, and creativity of our students and employees. In an effort to protect our community and prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are implementing a number of safety procedures for all classes. They include:
- Kimball Art Center requires all unvaccinated individuals, including children 11 and under, to wear a mask at all times.
- Vaccinated individuals, ages 12 and up, may remove their masks if social distancing is possible. When social distancing is not possible, masks are required.
- Limiting class sizes to ensure social distancing
- Assigning supplies and materials to each student to avoid sharing and cross-contamination
- Thorough cleaning all shared surfaces
- Staggering arrival and departure times for students
- Requiring frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer
These extra precautions are based on recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the Summit County Health Department, and Kimball Art Center’s commitment to social responsibility. While these safety measures are both necessary and considerate, they are also an additional financial burden for our small nonprofit organization. To help offset some of the cost and lost revenue, Kimball Art Center has added a $25 safety fee to each class. This fee will help us cover the additional staff, time, and supplies required to ensure we are protecting our community.