January 15, 2022 – May 1, 2022
Kwento: “Story,” in Tagalog, the standardized national language of the Philippines
Long Kwento features works inspired by the artist’s family history, which has been depicted orally over the years detailing the family move to the United States.
What story do you see from the work displayed in Long Kwento?
How can you visually tell the story of your family history?
This art exercise invites you to create a story with a polaroid image of yourself and allows you to add layers with collage materials and paint markers.
Where to start:
- Take a photo of yourself that represents you
- Draw a family member
- Collage settings from a memory
- Fill in all the blank space
Think about and illustrate:
- What are your roots?
- What is your family history?
- What life journeys have been important to you?
- What family stories have you heard?
Share your kwento by tagging #mykimballkwento on social media.