Kimball Art CenterBuy Tickets
Storytelling Workshop with The Bee
Kimball Art Center is excited to be partnering with The Bee, Salt Lake City’s beloved monthly gathering of brave storytellers and attentive listeners, to host this workshop within the main gallery surrounded by the works of Things My Mother Taught Me.
Facilitators Giuliana Serena and Nan Seymour are experts at encouragement and creating an engaging environment for people to be themselves together. This workshop’s highly participatory mix of guided writing prompts, oral storytelling exercises, and practical instruction is suitable for experienced and aspiring storytellers – even those who don’t consider themselves to be “storytellers” at all.
We all have stories to tell. Some of our most personal and intimate stories can be found within the ordinary, often overlooked objects we come into contact with in our day-to-day lives. Join us as we search for meaningful stories embedded in the mundane.
- Practice the art and craft of compelling storytelling, attentive listening, and authentic connection.
- Focus on finding and fostering voice through the telling of true stories from personal experience.
- Be invited to cultivate creativity, curiosity, self-inquiry, and reflection.
- Have the unique opportunity to be immersed in experiential learning within the main gallery surrounded by the works of the exhibition, including an introduction from curator Nancy Stoaks.
- An ordinary object from home. Something you use, see, and/or interact with on a regular basis is ideal, though just about anything will do.
- A favorite pen, one you enjoy writing with.
- A notebook if desired (worksheets will be provided).
- A willingness to participate imperfectly.