April 21, 2023
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
at Kimball Art Center
Event, Exhibition Programming
Kimball Art Center is pleased to present the annual Wasatch Back Student Art Show, featuring work by students in Summit and Wasatch County schools, grades K-12. This year’s exhibition will focus in particular on artwork that incorporates the theme of OUR RELATIONSHIP TO LAND. Join us April 21 for the family-friendly opening after school 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Light refreshments and family-friendly art activities will be provided.
This year’s Wasatch Back Student Art Show allows students to think about a variety of questions:
- When you think of land or the outdoors, what and where do you think of?
- What lands do you feel most connected to?
- What is your personal (or your community’s) relationship to the lands that surround where you live? Or the lands that you like to visit?
- What stories and histories do you know about these lands.
- What do you know about your family’s connections to different lands?
- How have the lands you care about changed over time? Are they threatened by climate change? What does the future look like for these lands, and how will this impact your relationship to them?