At Kimball Art Center, we are committed to being:
- Creative – We believe in the transformative power of creative thinking, which we implement in all that we do: whether in our myriad classes, our artist talks, or our exhibition programming. It’s a mindset of experimentation and innovation that dictates our institutional ethos and permeates our day-to-day happenings.
- Thought-provoking – We believe in art’s ability to transcend boundaries, to challenge accepted assumptions, and to engender critical thinking and self-reflection.
- Intentional – We strive to be thoughtful, intentional, and discerning in our programming and classes; we seek to feature artists, pedagogies, and scholarship that resonate deeply with our institutional values, not just what is obvious or popular.
- Empathetic – We recognize that our visitors, staff, and artists come from diverse backgrounds. We seek not only to give space to those that inhabit a multiplicity of identities but, in a spirit of inclusion, to appropriately understand as best we can their experiences.
- Respectful – We believe that respect is imperative to fostering a community predicated on open discussion and dialogue, as well as a celebration of diversity and difference.
- Collaborative – We believe that creativity is sustained by a collaborative environment in which ideas are shared freely. This applies not only to our workspaces but characterizes our community partnerships.
- Sharing – We believe that central to our mission is the exchange and dissemination of knowledge systems, ideas, and aesthetic experiences – to all members of the communities we serve. Unique in our status as Park City’s only non-profit art institution, we are committed to giving voice to underrepresented and marginalized members of our communities.