July 20th, 27th, August 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
6:00 PM- 8:30 PM
Explore contemporary animals and landscapes of the west through drawing, painting and mixed media using your choice of paint, graphite, charcoal, pastel, acrylic. Experiment with different approaches such as realism, expressionism and abstraction. Emphasis is placed on observation, structure, line quality, volume, composition, technique, experimentation, and originality.
Students enrolled in weekly painting classes may use open studio on Sundays 10am-1pm to continue painting pieces. This is for summer only.
- Paints: Ultramarine Blue, manganese Blue, Lemon yellow, Indian Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, cadmium red, raw sienna, burnt umber, white, black
- Odorless turpentine, rags/paper towels, container/cups for turpentine
- A variety of oil and acrylic brushes
- Either gessoed canvas or panel
- Sketch Paper
- Backing support for canvas sheets if you choose to use canvas sheets rather than stretched canvas.