The future of KAC
For Kimball Art Center, a new home for art in Park City is paramount. Our current home is and has always been a temporary solution. In a few short years, we have outgrown our current space showing a demand for creative programs, arts education, exhibitions and the Arts Fest in Park City.
Join us in sharing your support for art in Park City.Learn More
In July of 2017, Park City officials announced a plan to support two signature arts organizations in Park City: Kimball Art Center and Sundance Institute. Then Mayor Jack Thomas secured funding to purchase a 5.25-acre parcel in Bonanza Park to create an arts and culture district. Working in tandem with the City and sharing its vision of a sustainable, walkable, livable, vibrant community, Kimball Art Center joined Park City and Sundance Institute as a partner and anchor tenant in the neighborhood.
This project was derailed like so many cultural projects during the pandemic and is in ongoing discussions with Park City Municipal, Sundance Institute, and Kimball Art Center continuing to dialogue about the vision of this cultural hub.
Join us in sharing your support for art in Park City with a letter of support or public comment to Park City council.
- The arts are an important part of a healthy and vibrant Park City.
- I want to live in a place that supports the arts.
- The arts diversify our tourist supported economy with a major opportunities for locals.
- We need more year round cultural opportunities in town.
- The arts give us and our children much more to do in town.
- We need more accessible community oriented spaces in Park City.
- It’s important that the Arts are fostered and valued as much active lifestyle projects.
- KAC is ready to build a quality sustainable facility.
- Children are more successful in school with quality art programs.
- KAC teaches art in elementary schools and provides students of all ages amazing art experiences.
A new Kimball Art Center will continue to serve as the community’s creative hub — a place where all are welcomed and encouraged to connect, explore, celebrate, develop, and nurture creativity.