For Kimball Art Center, a new home for art in Park City is paramount. Our current home is and has always been a temporary solution. After two short years, we have outgrown the space showing a demand for creative programs, arts education, exhibitions and the Arts Fest in Park City.
A new Kimball Art Center will continue to serve as the community’s creative hub — a place where all are welcomed and encouraged to connect, explore, celebrate, develop, and nurture creativity.
In July of 2017, Park City officials announced a plan to support two signature arts organizations in Park City: Kimball Art Center and Sundance Institute. Then Mayor Jack Thomas secured funding to purchase a 5.25-acre parcel in Bonanza Park to create an arts and culture district. Working in tandem with the City and sharing its vision of a sustainable, walkable, livable, vibrant community, Kimball Art Center joined Park City and Sundance Institute as a partner and anchor tenant in the neighborhood.
This project was derailed like so many cultural projects during the pandemic and is in ongoing discussions with Park City Municipal, Sundance Institute, and Kimball Art Center continuing to dialogue about the vision of this cultural hub.
Kimball Art Center remains committed to building its permanent home in the proposed arts and culture district and securing a home for art in Park City. At Kimball Art Center, we believe the arts are an important part of a healthy and vibrant Park City.
Join us in sharing your support for art in Park City with a letter of support or public comment to Park City council.
Please support a home for art in Park City by emailing Council members at:
- The arts are an important part of a healthy and vibrant Park City.
- I want to live in a place that supports the arts.
- The arts diversify our tourist supported economy with a major opportunities for locals.
- We need more year round cultural opportunities in town.
- The arts give us and our children much more to do in town.
- We need more accessible community oriented spaces in Park City.
- It’s important that the Arts are fostered and valued as much active lifestyle projects.
- KAC is ready to build a quality sustainable facility.
- Children are more successful in school with quality art programs.
- KAC teaches art in elementary schools and provides students of all ages amazing art experiences.
Once built, the new Kimball Art Center will illustrate and instigate creativity, inspiration, and acceptance. It will energize and revitalize the area, act as a community living room, stimulating all who enter, and be a globally recognized landmark.
The new facility will be home to year-round dynamic and interactive programs, classes, and events.
Plans include (among other things):
- World class exhibition spaces for locals and visitors with climatized galleries allowing for multiple and diverse exhibitions.
- Dedicated space for interactive activities and lessons related to the exhibitions.
- Educational workshops for clay, painting, welding, jewelry, digital and mixed media art creation.
- Artist in residence programs.
- Flexible spaces for events, talks and other performative programs.
- Café and gift shop.
Please support the Kimball and write Park City council TODAY