volunteer with us
Kimball Art Center is able to continually provide world class exhibitions, educational classes and events thanks to the support of our wonderful volunteers. Our biggest volunteer event is the Kimball Arts Festival that happens every August, but we utilize volunteers throughout the year. Training is provided for all positions.
48th Annual Park City Kimball Arts Festival
The Kimball Art Center’s largest fundraiser and volunteer event of the year in taking place August 4-6, 2017. Sign up to volunteer for this fun-filled weekend on Park City’s Historic Main Street. We need volunteers for lots of different positions and you are bound to find one you’ll enjoy.
Volunteer Benefits Include:
- Volunteer Appreciation Party on Tuesday, July 25 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Volunteer T-shirt
- Volunteer Goody Bag – Including Skullcandy headphones, eBay sunscreen, Coca-Cola sunglasses, Tanger Outlet drawstring backpack and more great SWAG from volunteer sponsors
- Access to the Volunteer Lounge stocked with drinks, snacks, dinner on Friday night and breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- One Kimball Arts Festival wristband that will get you into the Festival all three days*
- A second Festival wristband for volunteers who sign up for more than one shift
- One raffle ticket for each shift to enter an opportunity drawing with prizes including two massages to Knead-A-Massage and gift cards to Blick Art Materials
Please read the description of each position and make sure you meet the requirements. There are restrictions on which positions court ordered volunteers can sign up for, indicated in each description, as well as age restrictions and required training. Volunteers ages 12 – 15 years old may volunteer in the Kids’ Area or in other positions if their guardian is volunteering with them. Volunteers under 21 years old are not allowed in the Beer Garden or VIP Lounge.
We will be providing two, free S.M.A.R.T. Training’s for positions that serve alcohol on Monday, July 10 and Tuesday, July 18 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. This training is REQUIRED for the Beer Garden and VIP Lounge positions.
*If you would like to pick up your volunteer wrist band(s) prior to completing your shift you may do so in the Volunteer Lounge Friday from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. or Sunday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
A.R.T.S. Teaching Assistant
Assist with school field trips at the Kimball Art Center and in classrooms. Monthly commitment of 4-6 hours per month and/or as tours are scheduled.
Benefits: 30% off KAC classes, 2 wristbands to the Kimball Arts Festival, gain experience working with kids and providing arts education!
Adult Volunteer (Ages 18+)
Assist the Kimball Art Center staff (once a week or as-needed) through a variety of different tasks including office work, glazing, cleaning, organizing, classroom prep, and delivering print materials around town.
Youth Volunteer (Ages 12-17)
Develop your volunteer skills and build your resume by getting involved in a non-profit community art center. Assist the Kimball Art Center staff with a variety of tasks.