Big Air with a Local Flair
Kimball Art Center, Park City Summit County Arts Council, and the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association are looking for artists to design the awards gifts presented to each podium athlete for the 2019 FIS World Championships, hosted this January at local resorts.
One winning artist will be chosen via a blind jury process to create a total of 192 awards. In addition to international recognition for his or her winning design, the artist will take pride in having created a lasting keepsake for the world’s top winter athletes.
In the world of elite competitive snowboarding and freestyle skiing, athletes push the boundaries of creativity and difficulty to be the best in the world. It is in this spirit the theme “Breaking Boundaries” was selected. Artists are encouraged to submit ideas and concepts that embody this theme along with the spirit of Park City.
Additional details and guidelines:
- Artist will be granted a total of $13,600 to produce 192 award gifts
- Awards must be:
- Less than 4 lbs each and able to be held in one hand
- Less than 140 cubic inches if 3-D
- Less than 140 square inches if 2-D
- Artwork must be submitted by July 15th, with next-round winners being notified by July 31st
- Next-round artists must submit a physical sample by August 31st
- Winner will be selected and notified by September 15th
- December 1st, all 192 gifts ready for distribution
There is no restriction on materials. Submit your “Breaking Boundaries” themed ideas today by filling out the form below.