Join artist Nina Miller in this exciting workshop on exploring Abstract Painting. Learn a brief history of Abstract Expressionism and tap into your own creativity! Experiment while doing quick exercises playing with several materials. Students will walk away with a new excitement for creating and inspiration. This will be a time of play while learning about line, gesture, movement, texture, color, surface, and balance.
In this workshop, you’ll learn methods of creating different surfaces using chalk & oil pastels, graphite, charcoal, paint, ink and unconventional tools. During the 2.5 hours, you’ll have the opportunity to play, experiment, and enjoy the process. No previous artistic experience is necessary!
Material List (if you choose to bring your own supplies):
– small surfaces to work on for exercises- 2 wood or canvas boards– small is best (5″x5″,8″x12″, etc) & mixed media paper
– one larger canvas size 24″ x 30″
– cups for water/ thinner
– paint brushes (small, medium, & large)
– palette paper or palette you like to work on
– oil paints or acrylic paints
– oil pastels
– chalk pastels
– pencils/ graphite sticks
– paper towels/ rags