What is a Monster Drawing Rally?
It’s a live drawing event and party that allows spectators to spy on the creative process, build relationships with local artists, and grow their art collections.
And we want YOU to be a part of it.
Over the course of the night, artists like you take shifts drawing and making artwork for 50 minutes. Sketches turn into finished pieces made from collage, watercolor, acrylic, graphite, and other media. Finished drawings are immediately available for purchase for $50 each.
Building on a model developed by Southern Exposure, a nonprofit arts organization in San Francisco, the second Park City Monster Drawing Rally is planned for May 31, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. at the Kimball Art Center.
It’s a continued partnership program between PCSC Arts and the Kimball Art Center to make local artists and their artwork more visible and accessible to the community.
Music, food and drinks will be part of the experience.
THE FINE PRINT
- The event is Thursday, May 31 from 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Artists will be assigned one or more of the three 50-minute work sessions over the course of the evening.
- Artists will be expected to create at least one artwork during their work session. More pieces are welcome.
- Basic supplies will be provided (pencils, pens, markers, colored pencils, etc.)
- Artists may bring additional supplies.
- Artists may bring work that is partially started but it must be completed onsite.
- All artwork must be a max size of 11×17.
- All artwork must be two-dimensional (no sculpture) and able to be put into a sleeve and hung on the wall.
- Artists must be willing to donate all work created to PCSC Arts and the Kimball Art Center.
- We will promote participating artists through the event web page, promotional materials (press release, social posts, PR), and onsite through print collateral and in public remarks. Building relationships between new and established collectors and local artists is a goal of this effort.
- Event proceeds will support the production costs of the event and other similar events in the future.